WIN – A Spa Day for 2 at the Solent Hotel
Transport yourself to a world of relaxation and wellness with indulging treatments, aromas and gorgeous pampering treats that will leave you feeling relaxed and revived.
The prize includes a morning of relaxation with a 25 minute treatment along with full use of the Spa facilities and a light lunch. Prize to be taken Monday – Thursday.
All you have to do is go to the Wordsearch in this month’s magazine, find all the words listed and read the unused letters in order from left to right, row by row, to reveal a hidden phrase. Click below to send your answer through to us by noon on Wednesday 20th December. Good luck!
Congratulations to M Adams, Fareham who won a one night stay at The Holiday Inn, Eastleigh in our previous Wordsearch competition.
WIN – High Tea in the Clouds for 4 People
The iconic Spinnaker Tower stands at a soaring 170 metres tall, offering awe inspiring 23-mile views over Portsmouth, the Solent, the South Downs and the Isle of Wight. The exclusive Afternoon High Tea includes a traditional afternoon tea selection of sandwiches, an assortment of sweet treats and fruit scones with clotted cream and jam plus a selection of teas or coffee.
All you have to do is find the competition in our November and December editions and count how many TOWERS are hidden throughout the magazine. Click below to send us your answer by noon on Thursday 14th December. We hope you’re a winner!
Congratulations to A Thorn, Fareham who won a family ticket to see Hook, The Pompey Panto at King’s Theatre, Southsea in our last Spot the Object competition.
Spicy Sausage Puffs
Flour (for rolling pastry)
1-2 sheets of puff pastry (thawed) – make sure you
have enough to cover a 10” x 15” rectangle
230g of diced salami/pepperoni or a spicy meat of choice
3 tbsp of marmalade 1 tbsp of French mustard
Parmesan, grated for garnish
340g Plain flour
115g Softened butter (unsalted)
100g Soft brown sugar
190g Golden syrup
2 tsp Ground ginger
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
Spicy Sausage Puffs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºc.
2. Flour the work surface and place the puff pastry on top and cut into 24 squares.
3. Press the squares into a muffin style baking pan (leaving the corners sticking up and flared out).
4. Mix the meat, marmalade and mustard together in a bowl and spoon 1 tbsp into each pastry cup.
5. Cook for 15 mins or until the pastry is a nice golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 mins and then sprinkle with the Parmesan and enjoy.
1. Preheat the oven to 190°c.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together the sugar and butter, until light and creamy. Add the golden syrup and sift in the flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda.
3. Mix until a rough crumb begins to form then work the mixture into a smooth dough using your hands. Put the dough in the fridge for 10 minutes or until firm.
4. Then, roll out the dough between two sheets of cling film/non-stick baking parchment, ¼ inch thick. Cut out your desired shapes onto a non-stick baking sheet.
5. Pop them in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Let them cool for a couple of minutes before putting them on a wire rack to cool completely. Decorate with icing.
A SONG THROUGH TIMEThis Month's Feature
Please contact us with the details and we can run your listing for FREE!