- Carefully slice open each squid tube so it can lie flat, and score a lattice pattern on the softer, inner surface. Cut each one into 6 equal-sized pieces and place in a bowl.
- To make the dressing, heat the oil in a small pan, add the lemongrass and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Leave to cool completely.
- Add half of the dressing to the squid. Stir to coat and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- For the salad, toss all the ingredients together in a bowl. Pour on the rest of the dressing, mix again and place on a large plate or divide between individual serving plates.
- Heat a large griddle pan over a high heat. When it is smoking hot, spray with a little oil, add the squid pieces in a single layer and cook for 30 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Depending on the size of your griddle, you may need to cook the squid in batches.
- Place the griddled squid on top of the salad and drizzle with a little sweet chilli sauce. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
Recipe taken from Tom Kerridge’s Fresh Start, published by Bloomsbury