Recipe from Hassle Free, Gluten Free by Jane Devonshire. Published by Absolute Press.
- Place the ribs into a large wok or non-stick pan with a lid. Measure out three tablespoons of oil (don’t wash the measuring spoon) and add to the pan with a good pinch of salt.
- Add the chillies, ginger and garlic, and use the oily spoon to measure out the golden syrup or honey.
- Finally, add the sherry, tomato pureé, dark soy sauce and 125ml water, and use a spatula to mix all the ingredients together until the ribs are well coated in sauce.
- Put the lid on the pan, place it over a low heat and cook for around one hour, stirring every 20 minutes to ensure the ribs are evenly coated; check more regularly towards the end of the cooking time to ensure they’re not burning. The ribs need to be a dark red caramel colour with a thick sauce; when tested with a knife the meat should be really tender so it comes away easily from the bone.
- Leave the ribs to sit, covered, for 10-20 minutes then serve from the pan or transfer to a serving platter, sprinkled with finely sliced chilli and spring onion.
error: Content is protected.