Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/ Gas 6.
- Place the olive oil in a heavy large, lidded frying pan over a low heat. When hot add the courgettes and herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the courgettes have softened slightly but still have a little bite. Transfer the courgette and herb mixture to an ovenproof dish.
- Whisk together the crème fraîche, milk and flour in a bowl and season with salt. Pour the resulting mixture over the courgettes. Don’t worry if there is not enough to submerge the courgettes as the mixture will bubble up when cooking.
- Sprinkle over the Gruyère cheese (or if you can’t find it try Emmental, Beaufort, Jarlsberg or Comté).
- Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes, or until brown and bubbling. Then serve as a side dish, or as a light supper with crusty bread and a green salad.
error: Content is protected.