Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Preheat the oven to 220C / 200C fan /gas mark 7. Fill a 12-hole muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Mix the sugar and rhubarb together and set on one side.
- To make the crumble topping mix together the muscovado sugar with the flour, oats and cinnamon. Rub the butter into the mixture until it comes together into crumbly clumps.
- Beat the oil and the egg lightly together, then stir in the vanilla and buttermilk. Pour the mixture over the sugar-coated rhubarb. Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases, then cover each one with a thick layer of the crumble mixture. Bake for 15-18 mins until golden and a skewer poked into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
error: Content is protected.