These festive spheres of butter, flour, powdered sugar and nuts are a Scandinavian Christmas delight.
- Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas mark 6.
- Cream the butter and sugar together thoroughly. Add the flour, salt, vanilla essence and pecans, and mix well.
- Cover dough and chill for half an hour.
- Form dough into small balls (about 1 inch / 2.5cm diameter). If the dough seems too crumbly don’t be tempted to add water or the resulting cookies will be hard, just let the heat from your hands gradually bring it all together.
- Place 2 inches / 5cm apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until set but NOT brown (8-10 minutes).
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes before removing from baking sheet, then roll in icing sugar. When completely cool, roll in the icing sugar again.
Feeling creative? Roll the dough into a large rectangle and brush with melted butter, cinnamon and sugar. Then roll the dough to form a long cylinder and slice into equal spheres. Bake as in
error: Content is protected.