- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F) Gas 2.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat and set aside to come back to room temperature. In a separate pan, melt the coconut cream and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Using a stand mixer or electric whisk, whisk the eggs and palm sugar together so that the mixture doubles in size and is creamy and lighter in colour. Add the melted coconut cream and vanilla. Whisk lightly to combine the ingredients. Sift in the flours and baking powder, add the coconut oil and mix together, do not over-mix.
- Divide the mixture between the cake pans and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream filling. Warm the coconut cream in a saucepan to melt it down a little. Beat together the honey, vanilla and egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Once the cream is warm, but not hot, slowly pour into the yolk mixture while whisking constantly. Pour everything back into the saucepan and whisk over low heat to thicken. Transfer the filling to a clean bowl. Lay a piece of clingfilm over the surface and put in the fridge for at least 3 hours before use so that it solidifies.
- Remove cakes from oven and put on a wire rack to cool slightly before turning out. Leave on the wire rack to cool completely before filling the cakes.
- Spread the cakes with cream filling and jam. Top with the second cake and fresh berries. Store in the fridge unless you are eating it right way!
Recipe taken from the Perfectly Paleo Cookbook by Rosa Rigby, published by Ryland Peters & Small.